Benalmádena is one of the more popular towns on the Costa with tourists from all over Europe. The town also has a huge expat and holiday-maker population. A stunning old town, coast and marina, Benalmádena (emphasise the ‘MAD’, as ‘Benal-MAD-ena’) is a fun place for a holiday, with lots of choice of hotels and holiday apartments! Great for the kids too!
Sun, sea and something else in Benalmádena! It’s a great little town, vibrant and full of life, Benalmádena is a great place to visit. Stretching about 2km, the promenade is great fun. Unlike many promenades on the Costa del Sol, this one isn’t built next to the road, so it’s great for kids, too. Lot, lots, LOTS, of bar, restaurants and chiriguitos to choose from. Plenty of entertainment during the high season too.
It’s close enough to Málaga Airport for an inexpensive taxi ride, or jump on the train at the airport and take the direct line to Benalmádena.
In the traditional Andalusian old town lie the Castillo Monumento Colomares, a castle-style monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus and his discovery of America, and the Benalmádena Stupa, a large Buddhist temple.
The Benalmádena Marina
The Marina’s very nice! Lots of shops, bars and restaurants to wander around before choosing somewhere to eat for the evening! It’s a really nicely designed place, too.
Spend the afternoon or evening, maybe both, in this stunning harbour marina. It’s great to walk around looking at the boats and there are ferry boat trips to Fuengirola and Torremolinos, plus a wealth of fishing, diving, whatever, trips out on the Meditareannean. Plenty of friendly little boutique-type shops around the marina, plus lots of really good places to drop in for a drink of a snack. Nice during the day, excellent in the evening, the modern Puerto Marina is home to the Sea Life Benalmádena aquarium and moored yachts.
I think it’s safe to say that the majority of visitors stick to the coast, but if you don’t mind navigating the steep hills, we recommend the Benalmádena Pueblo.
There are 100s of reasons to visit Tivoli World amusement park, an experience to enjoy a fantastic day in a unique place on the Costa del Sol. Your kids will love Tivoli World, they really will. Rides, white-knuckle and more gentle options, shows, gardens, animals and lots of places to eat and relax, Tivoli should definitely be on your holiday list!
Between fountains and gardens, there are many exciting attractions, colourful and varied entertainment and entertainment shows that take place in the different squares and scenarios as well as taste the multiple dining options to satisfy your appetite among themed restaurants and bars while enjoying the magnificent atmosphere of the park.
The Paseo (Promanade)
Paloma Park is nice, too. It’s just a park, don’t get over-excited, but it’s large and has a lot for the kids to do. Plenty of playgrounds, animals and cafes for drinks for everyone. Definitely worth spending an afternoon at Paloma Park.
Holiday in Benalmádena
Benalmádena is a beautiful coastal town located in the province of Malaga, in the southern region of Spain. It is a popular tourist destination that offers a wide range of holiday activities and attractions. Some of the most popular holidays in Benalmádena include:
- Beach Holidays: Benalmádena has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for a relaxing holiday. Some of the most popular beaches include Santa Ana Beach, Bil Bil Beach, and Malapesquera Beach. These beaches offer a range of facilities such as sun loungers, parasols, showers, and water sports activities.
- Cultural Holidays: Benalmádena is home to several cultural attractions such as the Castillo de Colomares, a beautiful castle that was built to commemorate the life of Christopher Columbus. The town also has several museums and art galleries that showcase the rich history and culture of the region.
- Adventure Holidays: Benalmádena is a great destination for adventure seekers. The town has several adventure parks such as Tivoli World, a theme park that offers a range of rides and attractions for all ages. The town is also home to the Teleférico cable car that takes visitors to the top of the Calamorro Mountain, where they can enjoy stunning views of the coast.
- Nightlife Holidays: Benalmádena has a vibrant nightlife scene that caters to all tastes. The town has several bars, clubs, and restaurants that offer a range of entertainment options such as live music, karaoke, and dance performances.
- Family Holidays: Benalmádena is a great destination for families with children. The town has several family-friendly attractions such as the Selwo Marina, a marine park that offers dolphin and sea lion shows, and the Sea Life Aquarium, where visitors can explore the underwater world.
In summary, Benalmádena offers a range of holiday options that cater to all tastes and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach holiday, a cultural adventure, or a fun-filled family holiday, Benalmádena is a great destination to consider.
On an Unrelated Note
I’m this far (holding thumb and index finger about an eighth of an inch apart) Just in case you’re considering buy a new bass guitar, this is just splendid!! The Fender Squier Affinity P Bass! Lovely! https://shop.fender.com/en-ES/squier-electric-basses/precision-bass/affinity-series-precision-bass-pj/0370500505.html