Rocket to the Moon, from Cape Fuengirola. The gleaming tower stretches for the clear blue sky as a place flies by, presumably going to or just leaving Málaga Airport. If there’s one thing almost guaranteed about Spain’s southern coast, it’s the fantastic blue skies.
Rocket to the Moon, from Cape Fuengirola
Puerto Deportivo de Fuengirola
It’s not really a rocket and, as far as I know, there isn’t anywhere called Cape Fuengirola. It is, however, one of four towers in the Puerto Deportivo de Fuengirola, or Fuengirola Marina. This leisure port is located in one of the best spots on the Andalusian coast, at the centre of the seafront promenade in Fuengirola, also known as the White Town (Villa Blanca).
Chock-full of bars and restaurants, the marina is a great place to hang out, eat and get drunk. But not only that! There are also boat trips and fishing trips available to book. There’s a frequent ferry to Benalmádena, plenty of whale and dolphin trips, plus parasailing & paragliding boat tours.
- Banksy in Fuengirola? Banksy in Fuengirola? Most likely, no, but this picture stenciled on a wall on 'Fish Alley' certainly looks like a Banksy. A smiling chimpanzee sticking bananas in his or her ears is a notable diversion from the endless tourist bars and restaurants.
- Rock Cairns on the Beach in Fuengirola Rock Cairns on the Beach in Fuengirola. Stones and rocks piled up on the seafront by visitors into small cairns. Are they nomadic markers? Are they burial mound markers? Most likely not. They've probably been been built by tourists. They're pretty, though.
- Rocket to the Moon, from Cape Fuengirola Rocket to the Moon, from Cape Fuengirola. The gleaming tower stretches for the clear blue sky as a place flies by, presumably going to or just leaving Málaga Airport. If there's one thing almost guaranteed about Spain's southern coast, it's the fantastic blue skies.
- Sohail Castle, Fuengirola Sohail Castle, or Fuengirola Castle, towers above the main A7 motorway as you enter Fuengirola from the west. An imposing fortified structure dating back centuries, the castle and grounds are now a tourist attraction and event venue.
Fuengirola port is a hive of activity all year round and it offers a full range of facilities to the public. It is also a very popular area for outdoor café culture and has excellent terrace restaurants incorporating bars offering an interesting night life. The port is located mid way along Fuengirola promenade just down from Fuengirola Bus and Train station.
FISHING PORT. The port is split into two distinct areas; one is the traditional fishing port where local fishermen bring in fresh fish every day for the local market. It is very interesting to take an early morning or late afternoon stroll alongside the working fishing boats to see the morning catch or watch the fishermen mending their nets by hand. On the distant horizon at night, they can also be spotted, fishing by floodlight till dawn.
Every year, tourists flock to Fuengirola for fun, sun, sea and sangria! It really is a very popular town in the summer, but gets particularly quiet during the winter months. A real, living town, Fuengirola doesn’t reply on tourism, but certainly benefits from it.
Fuengirola is a small beach town, on Spain’s beautiful Costa del Sol. The beach stretches about 5 miles, from Sohail Castle in the west to Torreblanca in the east and is a perfect summer beach – flat, long, gentle waters, great for the kids! The promenade is a great place to walk, jog or just wander from chiringuito to chiringuito!
Framed Artwork of Fuengirola
You’ll find the Puerto Deportivo de Fuengirola right on the seafront of the town. IF you arrive in Fuengirola by train or bus, head towards the seafront and turn left. Walk along the paseo (promenade) and it’s on your right.
Original, Professional Photography of Fuengirola
Purchase original, professional photography of Cádiz and many more wonderful places in Spain from the following…
- ShutterStock.com: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/FreeAssortment
- 123rf.com: https://www.123rf.com/profile_freeassortment
- Twitter.com: https://twitter.com/GMendel11
- Instagram.com: https://www.instagram.com/freeassortment/
- Facebook.com: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018000555377