Beautiful Tree-Lined Plazas & Fountains in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Spain. An ancient town, dating back to Roman times, you’ll love the laid-back atmosphere are you sit in the shade under the trees of this very pretty town.
Beautiful Tree-Lined Plazas & Fountains in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Spain
The tree-lined streets of Mijas Pueblo are perfect shade from the often intense sunshine of Spain – and Mijas is a great place to sit with a cold drink, relax and take in the sights and sounds of this ancient settlement and town. Mijas was devoted mainly to agriculture and fisheries until the explosion of the tourist boom in the 1950s, when people from all over Europe flocked to the southern coast of Spain.
This village dates back to Roman times, as is amply witnessed to by the remains that have been discovered on the hillside near the local parish church, and at many other spots nearby. It was already known as Tarnisa or Tarmina in Roman times and even then it must have been a prosperous place due to the proximity of the highway that connected Malaga and Cadiz.
Literally meaning “my daughter,” ‘mija’ is used as a familiar and affectionate address to women, like “dear” or “honey,” in Spanish.
Mijas Pueblo, a beautiful ‘white town’ nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de Mijas mountain range behind the Costa del Sol in southern Spain. Stunning views over the Costa, LOTS of tourist-type stuff to do, but maybe not really for the younger generations’ needs. It’s gentle and quiet, a nice place. Easy to get to from La Cala and Fuengirola.
- La Cala de Mijas
- Mijas Pueblo. A Beautiful ‘White Town’ in Andalusia.
- Beautiful Tree-Lined Plazas & Fountains in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Spain
- Ermita de la Virgen de la Peña in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Andalucia, Spain
- Mijas Pueblo Festival
- Traditional Colourful Pottery on Display in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol, Andalucia, Spain
- Wall Mounted Ceramic Flower Pots – So Much Colour in Mijas Pueblo, Mijas Costa, Andalucia, Spain
- Puerto Banús
- Ronda. A Stunning Bridge & Beautiful Andalusian Town.
- San Pedro de Alcántara
- Sitio de Calahonda
Buy high resolution prints form Mijas Pueblo at https://freeassortment.picfair.com/